Home Forums Trusted Pro Remove query strings from static resources

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Andy.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Pizza
    Participant

The speed of this theme is awesome. Compared to Exoplanet Pro it’s seconds faster.

All page speed measuring tools (Gmetric, Google Page Speed, Pingdom) call me out for not removing strings from static sources.

I’m not sure what it is but I have read that it could lead to those items not being cached. My site loads in 1 second so that I feel the tools are a bit silly.

If I activate “remove query string”, my site breaks. The featured services and headline go missing.

Is it ok to just ignore it? At the end of the day, the site does load super fast.

It’s just a mind thing. Would be great to see all traffic lights green 🙂

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by Pizza.
    Andy
    Keymaster

Activating the Remove Query Strings plugin should not cause the featured services and headline to go missing (nor any other feature of the theme).

I have tested it to be absolutely sure and all parts of the theme are working correctly.

Are you also using a caching plugin? What I suspect may be happening is that the cached files would need to be cleared and rebuilt after activating Remove Query Strings.

Pizza
    Participant

Thank you for the reply, Andy.

Yes, I am using Cloudflare and WPRocket. It worked fine with Expoplanet Pro (and other themes) but even when I exclude the css and js folder, the items I mentioned disappear as soon as I disable the option.

WPRocket and Cloudflare are very compatible.

Yes, I do clear the cache after changes – that’s not the issue.

Btw … other than that I like the theme a lot.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Pizza.
    • This reply was modified 6 years ago by Pizza.
    Andy
    Keymaster

If you keep Remove Query Strings active and disable Cloudafare and WProcket, are the items still not appearing?

Pizza
    Participant

How would I keep it active when I disable Rocket?

Andy
    Keymaster

Sorry I assumed you were using the Remove Query Strings plugin. Is it a feature of WProcket?

I am 100% certain that the issue is not with the theme as removing query strings will have no affect on how the theme works.

Look at the source code of your site, removing query strings simply changes the links of things like the stylesheets from this:
    /wp-content/themes/trusted-pro/style.css?ver=4.9.4
    to this:
    /wp-content/themes/trusted-pro/style.css

This will have no affect on the theme displaying things like the featured services and headline etc.

Pizza
    Participant

What you are saying makes sense, Andy.

Yet, it works with Exoplanet Pro and I have tried the 3 standard WordPress themes too. Site only breaks with Trusted Pro.

Yes, it’s a function of WP Rocket.

Oh, well, I give up for now. I guess Google will put most emphasis on the speed.

Pizza
    Participant

Well … I didn’t give up.

It works when I use the plugin you mentioned. It’s an incompatibility of WP Rocket and this very theme.

Case solved.

Andy
    Keymaster

Glad to hear you got it working with the Remove Query Strings plugin.

We’ve been testing some more with WP Rocket (and every combination of it’s settings) and we cannot get it to make the “featured services and headline go missing”.

We did however notice that the fontawesome icons didn’t display correctly when activating the ‘remove query strings’ setting. Will issue a fix for this in the next update.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove query strings from static resources’ is closed to new replies.