Home Forums Retail Retail Social Icons

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Zp2019py
    Participant

Hi Team

Couple of question, I’ve been trying to work this out all day, but no luck as yet…

When adding social icons to the footer menu, although it works, there are a couple of issues.  Firstly this theme (which I believe uses ‘feather’ icons), doesn’t seem to have a Pinterest icon.  Plus, I’m would like to replace the icons that <i>are </i>supported (Facebook for example).  Therefore I attempted to put a reference to a Font Awesome icon into the ‘Link Text’ section.  It brings up the Font Awesome icon which is great, but it also still ‘detects’ the default icon and shows them both.

So, my question is, how do I make sure that when I for https://facebook.com it does not detect the URL and import the default Facebook icon?

Many thanks

Andy
    Keymaster

Please let me know your site URL so I can take a look at the code/markup you are using, and then advise how to make this work. Thanks in advance.

Zp2019py
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the site isn’t live yet (it’s being hosted locally at the moment), I’m simply adding the URL of the relevant Social Media company (eg https://facebook.com) into the Link Text section of the menu and this picks up the relevant fonticon as specified in styles.css.  (I can make the font not be picked/displayed up by replacing ‘facebook.com’ in styles.css with something else, however this is extremely messy and I don’t really want to be editing the styles.css file!!

Thanks again for any advise

Andy
    Keymaster

Add the following CSS to ‘Customize’ > ‘Additional CSS’:

#footer-menu a[href*="facebook.com"]:before,
    .widget_nav_menu a[href*="facebook.com"]:before {
        content: '';
        background: transparent;
    }

This should stop the theme’s default facebook icon being displayed.

Zp2019py
    Participant

Many thanks Andy, that worked.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Retail Social Icons’ is closed to new replies.