Home Forums Exoplanet Pro When I made a copy and installed on my localhost it lost the personal settings o

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    valmir
    Participant

Good afternoon
    I need to download my site to my localhost because I no longer have the localhost version.
    When I did such an operation or my site lost the custom settings I made on the site on the hosting server.

I really need you to have an equal version to pass on to the other colleagues.

I bought up a plugin called duplicator, but I still give the same problem, asking for the customization of my theme ie exoplanet pro.

Andy
    Keymaster

I have used the duplicator plugin many times and never had a problem with theme customizations. They are just another row in the ‘wp_options’ table, so they would be duplicated along with everything else.

That plugin copies everything from your WordPress site, so I cannot see why it wouldn’t include your customizations.

I would recommend that you ask the creators of the duplicator plugin why it isn’t duplicating your theme options. I really cannot answer as to why it is not working for you as we are not the authors of the duplicator plugin.

valmir
    Participant

I bought the plugin to see if it worked. It stayed the same as I was doing manual.

I even recreated the same path using hosts and vhosts. To simulate the same path of the hosting.
    I also can not understand why it asks for the theme settings.

Making manual also does not work. I’ve been trying for three days.

Yazmin
    Keymaster

Hi Valmir

What exactly is asking you for the theme settings?

None of our themes would ask for theme settings.

What exactly does “it” say? Where does it say it?

Can you provide screenshots? That would be a big help.

Thanks

valmir
    Participant

Good Morning

I was building a project directly on the server, it turned out we liked the project and we are going to invest in it (www.soamigo.com.br).
    So I have to do the reverse process, I need to do an installation on my localhost and the project team.
    But when I do the migration from hostgator to localhost. The settings all that is there on the site that you can see goes away, back to the bridge and everything I set up goes away.

I made several manual attempts did not work. Only after that I bought a plugin called a duplicator, but it did not work either.

In other words, the problem is not in the plugin.

Eye and everything seems correct, I’m in this joke this past Friday.

Yazmin
    Keymaster

It cannot be the theme, as a theme only displays your site data from the WordPress database tables. It cannot make settings disappear.

Can you upload a screenshot of where it is asking you for the theme settings please?

Is it this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ?

Did the Duplicator plugin support team have any explanation why some of your site data is missing from the duplication?

valmir
    Participant

Hi yazmin

I’m not talking about the problem and the theme, but fear that I lose my settings.

The plugin folks said it was to talk to you guys.

I’m actually asking for help, because the problem does not puglin because the same thing happens when I do manual.

But I’m suspicious of my XAMPP settings.

The plugin has identified that the fields I’m having problems with
    With such consultations.

SELECT option_value FROM 'soa_options' WHERE option_id =" 1493 ";
    SELECT post_content, post_excerpt, post_password, post_name, to_ping, pinged, post_content_filtered, post_parent, guid, menu_order, post_mime_type, comment_count FROM 'soa_posts' WHERE ID =" 1039 ";

I’m looking at how I keep the settings or make other settings.

Yazmin
    Keymaster

The duplicator plugin only work if you install your copy in an empty database.

It will not work properly if you are trying to install your copy into a WordPress installation that already exists.

I don’t know whether that is what you have been trying to do or not, but just in case it is, that could cause errors.

valmir
    Participant

Not this, I’m not using the plugin and continue not working.

Yazmin
    Keymaster

Not this, I’m not using the plugin and continue not working.

But when you initially setup the site on your localhost, is that how you did it?

Yazmin
    Keymaster

As your issue is related to technical aspects of local XAMPP hosting, I’m not sure our theme support forum is really the best place to get help with this issue.

I would recommend that you post on http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/ with your issue.

valmir
    Participant

Ok, tank you

valmir
    Participant

OK thank you

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘When I made a copy and installed on my localhost it lost the personal settings o’ is closed to new replies.