Home Forums Retail Can I stop the “Buy Now or Add to Cart” dropping down on Product pages?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    craftyld1
    Participant

Hi,

I apologise that I don’t know what the particular feature I’m talking about is called, but on an individual product page, when scrolling down the page there is a section that drops down from the top, with options to buy the product.

This section takes up half the screen, making it hard to see the rest of the page, so I’d like to remove it, but I don’t know how.

Can it be done?

Thanks.

Andy
    Keymaster

We call it the “sticky add-to-cart panel”, so when you scroll down the page past the point where the regular add-to-cart button goes out of view, this panel appears in view to help with sales conversion.

It should only be a narrow panel and shouldn’t take up half the page, but if you just want to remove it please add the following code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

#wc-sticky-addtocart.active {
        display: none;
    }
    craftyld1
    Participant

Hi,

I think it may be because my desktop has a wide screen monitor… however, since I cleared my cache it has changed to a smaller sized panel, so it’s possibly another one fixed by an update?

Thanks for your help.

Andy
    Keymaster

In the sticky add-to-cart panel on your site there is a very large PayPal buy now button taking up a lot of space. Not sure why it is there because it is not present below the regular add-to-cart button. I could be wrong but is the PayPal button only supposed to be on the checkout page?

If you just want to hide this extra PayPal button, you could use this Additional CSS:

#wc-sticky-addtocart .wcppec-checkout-buttons {
        display: none;
    }
    craftyld1
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for that. I went and checked the settings for the Paypal payments and it had the option “Checkout on Single Product” ticked. I assume this was the problem there, as I unticked it and that Paypal button disappeared from the sticky header.

Thanks again 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I stop the “Buy Now or Add to Cart” dropping down on Product pages?’ is closed to new replies.