Home Forums Azuma Pro Custom Font

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dail Davis
    Participant

Hi,

Whats the recommended or simplest way to add custom fonts to this theme? I’ve tried adding it using code snipets and with a couple of plugins but when i go to “customize/typography” it doesn’t show up. When I add in elementor however if works fine but obvioulsy will only work with elementor created pages/templates and not the defaults. Appreciate some suggestions on this.

Thanks

Andy
    Keymaster

I can see you are using a child theme on your site, so you could bundle your custom font into the child theme.

Other ways inlcude using a custom font plugin that allows you to upload your own fonts.

The fonts won’t show up in “customize/typography” as this is a defined list of Google fonts in the theme.

Is your custom font a Google font, a saved font that you have on your computer, or something else?

If it is a Google font, we may be able to add it to the the theme’s list of Google fonts, and then it would be selectable in “customize/typography”.

Dail Davis
    Participant

Hi Andy and thanks for getting back to me. The font isn’t a google font but one that i downloaded to match the font used in my logo. I was able to find a plugin that now works though. It’s not ideal because it doesn’t allow me to change the weight of the font but at least everything is more consistent on my site now. The closest match google has to my font (Prime-Light) is Oxanium. That would’ve been an ok match if it was indeed an option to select.

Thanks

Andy
    Keymaster

If you know the element that you want to apply bold weight to, you can use a bit of ‘Additional CSS’ to make it bold, like so:

.element-name {
        font-weight: bold;
    }
    Dail Davis
    Participant

Ah! oh..will try that. Thanks much

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Font’ is closed to new replies.