Home Forums Lorina Pro Customizating the individual blog post view

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kristincali
    Participant

When clicking on a post to read the entire thing, scroll to the bottom of the blog text and there’s a container with the authors name, photo, category, tags, etc. The background of that section is grey, how can I customize the color? As well as the background of the section right below it with the previous and next links?

Then if you go further down to the Leave a Reply section, I need to change the background color there as well.

Lastly, is it possible to move the reply box up above the related posts? I feel like it is not seen that far down the page.

Example:
    https://kristinbytheocean.com/how-to-prepare-for-a-successful-photo-shoot/

Thank you in advance! This forum is SO helpful and I’m proud to be using your theme.

Andy
    Keymaster

This Additional CSS will change the background of the author and previous/next sections:

.single .entry-footer,
    .single .post-navigation {
        background: #ffffff;
    }

And use this to change the comments/reply section (I’ve also added some padding and rounded corners):

#comments {
        background: #ffffff;
        padding: 2em;
        border-radius: 2rem;
    }

In the code above, the background color is #ffffff. Change this to the color you want.

Andy
    Keymaster

Use this Additional CSS to change the ordering on the single post, moving the comments/reply section before the related posts section:

.single-post .site-main {
        display: flex;
        flex-direction: column;
    }

.single-post .site-main article {
        order: 1;
    }

.single-post .site-main .post-navigation {
        order: 2;
    }

.single-post .site-main .related-posts {
        order: 4;
    }

.single-post .site-main #comments {
        order: 3;
    }
    kristincali
    Participant

Thank you Andy, everything worked exactly as I wanted!

Now I have another couple things with those sections. How can I remove the faint grey line beneath the related and leave a reply headers?

Lastly, I tried copying the padding and border-radius code from above but it didn’t work for the author section. How can I round the corners of the author section?

Andy
    Keymaster

This Additional CSS will remove the heading underlines:

#comments h3.comment-reply-title:before,
    .related-posts h3:before {
        background: transparent;
    }

The author section already has border radius to the top left and right corners, and padding. To make all four corners rounded, add this Additional CSS:

.single .entry-footer {
        border-radius: 2rem;
    }
    kristincali
    Participant

THANK YOU

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Customizating the individual blog post view’ is closed to new replies.