Home Forums Trusted Form success message not showing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    erik
    Participant

Hi,

The Trusted theme does not show the form success message for me.

I’m using the Woocommerce (Jetpack) contact form, but the success message does not show up after a form has been submitted.  See: https://jetpack.com/support/contact-form/

It does show when I switch to the default theme, so it may have to do something with the trusted theme?

Thanks for your help,
    Erik

Yazmin
    Keymaster

Hello Erik

Could you please let me know the URL where you have the contact form?

erik
    Participant

Please have a look here

It seems a specific issue on product pages.

Yazmin
    Keymaster

I have done some testing and it seems that the success message does not display when the form is in the ‘Product short description’ area.

Tested with Trusted and Twenty Seventeen and it does not display with either, although it does when the form is in the main content area (the ‘Description’ section on live product pages).

So, it looks like a possible issue when the form is in the short description area of WooCommerce products.

On our testing site, when trying to add a contact form to the short description section, the ‘Add Contact Form’ button would not add the form to the textarea, so I had to add the form with a [shortcode] using ‘Text’ view. Did you have the same issue?

erik
    Participant

Thanks for your quick help so far!

It is a good find: the success message does work when in the “description”, but not in the short description area. So that seems to be an issue with the form that I’ll raise with the jetpack developers.
    For now I can put the text in the short description area, and the form in the other one.

However, the reason I started using the short-description is because in the Trusted theme, the picture is so large, that the description often ends up below the fold (whereas the short description appears next to the picture). Making the picture itself smaller doesn’t seem to work, is there another way to fix this?

Yazmin
    Keymaster

You try something like this added to Customize > Additional CSS

.woocommerce #content div.product div.images,
    .woocommerce div.product div.images,
    .woocommerce-page #content div.product div.images,
    .woocommerce-page div.product div.images{
        width: 18%;
    }

.woocommerce #content div.product div.summary,
    .woocommerce div.product div.summary,
    .woocommerce-page #content div.product div.summary,
    .woocommerce-page div.product div.summary{
        width: 80%;
    }
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Form success message not showing’ is closed to new replies.