Home Forums Azuma Pro Google Tag Manager Code Manual entry

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jordy de Roos
    Participant

I was instructed to add Google tag manager codes to my site, under the <head> tag (which I have managed to do), and the <body> tag which I tried but not sure of. I was instructed to add this to every page. Where do I find this info for each page? I only see it in the php files under header.php? Where else are there <head> and <body> tags?

Please could you explain how to find them. Thank you.

Andy
    Keymaster

The <head> and <body> tags are located in header.php and also header-blank-canvas.php, header-landing-page.php, and header-transparent.php.

These are the header templates that correspond to the various page templates. header.php is the default site-wide template used across the site, unless a page is set as one of the other page templates, in which case the relevant header file will be used. These are the only files containing <head> and <body> tags.

Rather than manually editing these header files, you can hook into the wp_head() function and the wp_body_open action in the functions.php file of your child theme, or use a plugin such as Google Tag Manager for WordPress that will do this for you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Tag Manager Code Manual entry’ is closed to new replies.