Home Forums Trusted Headings underline image

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    planetshay
    Participant

Hello!

Can you please help me fix the lines under the Headings to match across all Headings? For instance see below:

I would rather they be more like #2 or evenly spaced.

Also, is there a way to change the image to something else like:

Thanks!

Yazmin
    Keymaster

to change all headings from H1 to H6 so that the underline are all the same size, add this in Customize > Additional CSS (change the width and height values to whatever size you want):

.entry-content h1:before,
    .entry-content h2:before,
    .entry-content h3:before,
    .entry-content h4:before,
    .entry-content h5:before,
    .entry-content h6:before{
    width: 30px;
    height: 4px;
    }

to use your own image use this css instead (change image-url to the URL of your image):

.entry-content h1:before,
    .entry-content h2:before,
    .entry-content h3:before,
    .entry-content h4:before,
    .entry-content h5:before,
    .entry-content h6:before{
    background-image: url("image-url");
    }
    planetshay
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help. However, I am referring to the “spacing” between the line and the paragraph/Headings, like so:

Heading

—- (although I don’t want this much space, I just want the line not so close to the paragraph)

Paragraph

Thanks!

Yazmin
    Keymaster

Ahh I see. It is the Beaver Builder plugin that is overriding the theme’s styling.

Try this in Additional CSS:

body h1.fl-callout-title,
    body h2.fl-callout-title,
    body h3.fl-callout-title,
    body h4.fl-callout-title,
    body h5.fl-callout-title,
    body h6.fl-callout-title{
    margin-bottom: 20px;
    }
    planetshay
    Participant

Oh Thank You so much!!! That helped on all of the headings as you can see below with the exception of  the one at the bottom? I am not familiar with Beaver Builder, I just thought it was installed when I installed the theme? Is there a way to fix this issue inside the plugin itself? I am not a pro at building websites, my main job is graphic design so I am pretty picky when it comes to things being evenly spaced and symmetrical (I drive myself crazy sometimes because it bothers me so bad :-/).

planetshay
    Participant

I am so sorry to bother you again but I was checking all the pages on the site and noticed that this line is not even under the heading? I tried moving the picture before and after the heading but it made no difference. Is this a Beaver Builder issue too? Should I deactivate it?

Andy
    Keymaster

No, the Beaver Builder plugin is nothing to do with us. It is a completely separate plugin and none of our themes will ever install third-party plugins without permission.

As it would be impossible to develop the theme to take account of all the potentially millions of combinations of theme/plugin/site configurations, in the theme settings there is the option to turn off the headings underline image.

‘Appearance’ > ‘Customize’ > ‘Theme Options’ > [] Disable Headings Underline

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Headings underline image’ is closed to new replies.