Home Forums Cordero Pro Homepage sidebar option

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lisia
    Participant

Hello!

I am missing the homepage sidebar option in cordero pro.

I read about this possibility in your other themes.

Is there a code, that I can add it?

Best regards, lisia

Yazmin
    Keymaster

Hi Lisia,

Both Cordero and Cordero Pro were designed without a sidebar on the homepage, as it uses a different template to the other standard pages.

I’ll see if we can add it as an option in the next theme update. It would have to be an opt-in sidebar separate from the standard page sidebar to avoid breaking sites that are not expecting it to suddenly appear when they update the theme.

lisia
    Participant

Thank you Yazmin for your quick response.

The same problem is in Ibsen pro and was solved February 5, 2021 at 2:24 pm by Andy.

Hopefully regards, lisia

Andy
    Keymaster

We should be able to add a homepage only sidebar option in the next theme update.

Just a bit of background on why it wasn’t there in this theme and Ibsen. Previously we received a lot of questions asking how to remove the sidebar from the homepage as a lot of users simply didn’t want it, so it was decided to make Ibsen and Cordero with no sidebar on the homepage.

Hope this helps, and please look out for the next theme update with an optional homepage sidebar.

lisia
    Participant

Hello Andy1

Thanks for your response. It is not so easy, to be everybodys darling, we say in German :-). I am even not sure, that I need the sidebar on the homepage any more, nevertheless it is a nice opinion.

And nevertheless I love Cordero Pro.

Best regards, lisia

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Homepage sidebar option’ is closed to new replies.