Home Forums Trusted How to remove the Green "badge" from the header picture

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    catola
    Participant

Hi. I would like to remove the text on my website. On all sites except the homepage, I get this green badge and all text that is written on the site, also shows on the header image. Is it possible to remove this?

At least the text field? I can live with the green badge, but not the text…

Thanks for a great theme.

Andy
    Keymaster

The text with the green background is the page/post title.
    To hide it, add this in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS

.main-title{
    display: none;
    }

If you do hide the title, you may want to manually add your page/post title formatted as ‘Heading 1’ in the content editor for SEO purposes.

The smaller text below the page title should only be visible if you have written an excerpt in the page editor. If the excerpt is empty this will not display.

Page Excerpt

catola
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am a novice in this. Started with WordPress last week only. So sorry to be a burden

I have manage to hide the Green page title now. but the text is still there.

From your screen shot I can see you have other options than I have in the “Boxes”

And those pages where the smaller texts appear, have nothing written in the Excerpts field at all. Only in the page editor at the top.. See pictures..

Andy
    Keymaster

It seems that the Yoast SEO plugin is automatically generating an excerpt from the page content when the excerpt is empty.

We shall look into this and see if we can update the theme to stop this from happening.

In the meantime, to hide the page/post excerpts in the header, add this CSS:

.main-excerpt{
    display: none;
    }
    Andy
    Keymaster

The latest version of Trusted theme (1.1.8) has been updated to fix the issue of the page/post excerpt being displayed even when the excerpt was empty.

The issue was caused because some third party plugins such as Yoast SEO automatically generate an excerpt from the page/post content when the excerpt is empty. The theme update fixes this by explicitly only showing the page/post excerpt in the header/title area if an excerpt has been added in the page/post editor.

It is recommended to update to version 1.1.8 of the Trusted theme.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to remove the Green "badge" from the header picture’ is closed to new replies.