Home Forums Lorina Pro LorinaPro group String translation fields

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Cristina Polo
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I dont see the LorinaPro group in the String translation section.

you had added this for my first Domain but I cant see it in the 2nd one (featured_readmore ; homepage_label_feat_serv ; homepage_label_sub_feat_serv)

Any clue what  iam missing?

Thanks

Cristina

Andy
    Keymaster

First, check that on this new website you have actually written your own text in the original language for the strings that you want to translate.

If you have not yet written to these options, they do not exist in the database, and so they won’t be available for Polylang to translate.

Cristina Polo
    Participant

Dear Andy,

Actually, I create a home page in English with Featured services, also did one in French defined as translation. Though I dont plan to have a site Tagline in TheMajlisCoaching, I tried having one with “123” just to see if it would help but no.

I still dont see the LorinaPro group ias I do in the other domain.

Not too surewhat to try next.

Cheers

Cristina

Andy
    Keymaster

Can you confirm that you have the newest version 1.1.4 of the Lorina Pro theme installed?

Cristina Polo
    Participant

yes, I checked on that too

Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks for confirming the latest version of the theme.

You are wanting to translate these text strings:
    featured_readmore
    homepage_label_feat_serv
    homepage_label_sub_feat_serv

These text strings should be available for translation, and I cannot think of any reason why they are not.

So, I just want to be absolutely sure that you have written your own text for the “read more” button, and you have not left it as the standard default text?

The same for the featured services title and the sub-title, you have written and saved these and they are displaying on the live page in the original language?

Andy
    Keymaster

You mentioned writing a tagline to test, but it was not visible either.

The tagline will be under the “WordPress” group, not “lorina-pro”, so if the tagline is also missing there could be some other issue possibly related to the the polylang plugin or another plugin.

Andy
    Keymaster

Can you please let me know all your active plugins (don’t include installed but inactive plugins) and I will try to recreate the problem at our end.

Thanks.

Cristina Polo
    Participant

Hi

See some screen shots which could assist.

Also, from a plugin point of you I use Polylang free vs PlylangPro on the other one. That being said, from what I read it shouldnt be a problem (maybe Im wrong?)

Thank you

Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks for the info. I’ll do some testing and get back to you.

Polylang free or pro, both are okay as I tested it working with free.

Andy
    Keymaster

I think it may be due to the “Bluehost” plugin, or some settings/options in that plugin that allows some sort of staging environment.

This is changing the customizer “Publish” button to “Save Draft” instead, so the text strings are not available to Polylang as the settings are not seen as published.
    When the customizer options are published as live, then the text strings should become available for translation.

Cristina Polo
    Participant

You were right!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘LorinaPro group String translation fields’ is closed to new replies.