Home Forums Claremont Pro mobile device scrolling

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Boris Gutierrez
    Participant

I noticed that my site does not easily scroll down or up when on mobile device.  On desktop it’s fine but not on mobile.  I had a different theme before and did not have this issue.   Is there any setting or is this a known issue with this theme?

Andy
    Keymaster

Hi, there is no issue that we are aware of.

I have had a quick look at your site (assuming same site as your email domain) and I cannot see any problem with scrolling on mobile device (Android).

I’ll try to recreate the issue you are reporting. What mobile device and browser are you using when this issue occurs?
    Does this problem also happen when you view our demo site?
    Do you see this problem on your “live site” or is it only when in the customizer preview (or vice-versa)?

Boris Gutierrez
    Participant

Andy thank you for the quick response.  The issue may better be described as when you push the page up and the page continues to move up a bit on it’s own vs saying it is the scrolling.  I’m having the problem with an iphone 6.  The problem happens with both chrome and safari browsers.   And yes it is with the live site.

I just tried the demo site link for this theme and it is also happening to me there.

Andy
    Keymaster

Thank you for the additional info.

We made a minor adjustment on our demo to see if it makes a difference. Can you please check out our demo again and see if it is now better on your phone – https://uxlthemes.com/demo/claremont-pro/
    You may need to clear your browser cache for the changes to take effect.

Boris Gutierrez
    Participant

Andy you did it.  The demo moves as it should now.  I tried it on safari and chrome and no issues.   How can I get my site to include this fix?

Thank you

Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know that it is now working properly.

We have updated the theme with this fix. Please update to Claremont Pro 1.1.2

The recommended way to update is to first activate your license key on all domains that you have the theme installed on. When activated, you will be able to update the theme from within your WordPress dashboard > ‘Appearance’ > ‘Themes’.

Boris Gutierrez
    Participant

hello Andy

I’m trying to update the theme but am getting the following error. I censored the domain name

Installing Theme from uploaded file: claremont-pro.1.1.2.zip
    Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home/cutisper/domains/DOMAINCENSORED/public_html/wp-content/themes/claremont-pro/

Theme installation failed.

Boris Gutierrez
    Participant

Update.  I was able to download the new version of theme and install it without an error.  However the fix does not appear to be there for my site.  I’m trying under chrome and safari in iphone 6

thank you

Andy
    Keymaster

I’m trying to update the theme but am getting the following error. I censored the domain name

Installing Theme from uploaded file: claremont-pro.1.1.2.zip
    Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home/cutisper/domains/DOMAINCENSORED/public_html/wp-content/themes/claremont-pro/

Theme installation failed.

This is the way to install a new theme, not a theme that is already installed.

The recommended way to update is to first activate your license key on all domains that you have the theme installed on. When activated, you will be able to update the theme from within your WordPress dashboard > ‘Appearance’ > ‘Themes’.

If for whatever reason you don’t want to activate your license, the way to manually install an updated theme is to first switch to a different theme, then delete Claremont Pro, and then upload/install the new updated Claremont Pro theme from the zip file.
    Activating the license key is the much easier and quicker way to do this.

Andy
    Keymaster

I think it may be the caching/minifying plugin that you are using (W3 Total Cache).

You should clear the cache and rebuild the cached/minified css files. This will then rebuild with the new css rules from the newer version of the theme.

Boris Gutierrez
    Participant

I deleted the W3 plugin but it is still not functioning.

Andy
    Keymaster

When I look at your site, the W3 plugin is not removed as it is still loading the minified and cached CSS stylesheets.

It doesn’t need to be removed, although when testing changes it is a good idea to temporarily deactivate it.

If all else fails, please add the following CSS code to ‘Appearance’ > ‘Customize’ > ‘Additional CSS’:

html, body {
        overflow-x: visible;
    }

This should force through the changes.

Boris Gutierrez
    Participant

The extra code did it.  Thank you

Boris Gutierrez
    Participant

this issue is resolved and closed out

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘mobile device scrolling’ is closed to new replies.