Home Forums Exoplanet Read More does not show

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    davyk
    Participant

Hi again,

Got another question.

My site has a dedicated blog page for my posts, however it does not have the read more

I have tried everything i can find and see on youtube but it does not work.

So, I make a post and I add in the block “More”  refresh – not there.

I add in the manual excerpt, refresh – not there. (only way to show any excerpt)

I check the theme customization can’t see anything to do with read more.

So the https://davykphotography.co.uk/blog only shows a snippet with title, author, date, category…  but no read more to take me to the posts full page.

can anyone help?

Andy
    Keymaster

The design of this particular theme is that there is a theme generated “Read More” link when there is no manually added excerpt, or when the auto-generated excerpt is cropped from post content that is longer than the defined 110 words excerpt length.

When a post has a manually added excerpt, or when the auto-generated excerpt is taken from post content that is already shorter than the defined excerpt length (no need to crop the content shorter in this instance), then the “Read More” link is not present.

There is however a default WordPress “Continue Reading” link that is hidden from view by the theme, but is left in place in case anyone wants to make it visible.
    The custom CSS to make this visible is like so:

a.more-tag {
        display: block;
    }
    davyk
    Participant

Thanks Andy, that done the trick

really appreciate it

davy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Read More does not show’ is closed to new replies.