Home Forums Trusted Removing buttons in Woocommerce Block “Hand Picked Products”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    J.W. de Weerdt
    Participant

In Trusted I use the Woocommerce Block “Hand Picked Products” on my (Dutch) webshop. In the block grid two buttons appear, in my case grey coloured, that have no function. The “add to basket” (in dutch “winkelmand”) text appears in the product picture, which is ok for me. Is there a way to remove the buttons or at least make them invisible? Webshop is http://www.naturegear.nl.

Andy
    Keymaster

If I am understanding correctly, when I view the rendered HTML code, the grey buttons are not actually buttons.

They appear to be extra product links within an extra paragraph (grey text on a grey background), that is inside the main product link.

I don’t know how or why they are there, as they should not be there.

Have you also added an extra paragraph block within each product? If so, this might explain it.

Andy
    Keymaster

Testing the hand picked products block, and I can see there is no way to add extra paragraphs, so please ignore my previous comment.

However, when I test the hand picked products block, the extra paragraphs that are on your site are not present on our testing site.

It is possible it could be a third-party plugin that is inserting these extra paragraphs, although I cannot be sure.

I would recommend you deactivate all your active plugins (not WooCommerce), and see if the issue is fixed. Then reactivate your plugins one at at time until the issue reappears. This will show you which plugin (if any) is adding these extra paragraphs.

J.W. de Weerdt
    Participant

Thanks for your quick answer. With all the plugins deactivated, the issue still appears so plugins can not be the problem. If it does not show in your testing site, what can it be? Do you have other suggestions? I use the latest WooCommerce version.

J.W. de Weerdt
    Participant

A little more information that might help: if i click “align buttons” in the hand picked product block, the lower grey paragraph becomes the same size as the small paragraph in the upper left corner of the product.

Andy
    Keymaster

Okay, I have realised why this is happening. It appears that you have set your WooCommerce ‘Shop’ page to be the same page as your static homepage.

When you select a page as your main ‘Shop’ page, WooCommerce makes that page a special ‘archive’ page for your products, and any other content you add to the page is then seen as not part of the main content, but it becomes the archive description (archive because this page is not considered to be a page but an archive similar to a category page).

So, the content consisting of the hand picked products is appearing in the header instead of the page content area, because the theme displays the page excerpt (or in case of archives, the archive description) in the header area, and new lines of content are attempted to be wrapped as paragraphs. The page excerpt is only designed for a short amount of text, not a more complicated layout such as the hand picked products.

This is a quirk of how WooCommerce work with the designated ‘shop’ page. It is not designed for extra content to be added to it.

J.W. de Weerdt
    Participant

Ok, if I understand correctly WooCommerce misleads you a bit bij giving you the possibility to set up another page as your shop page. Only, normal pages don’t have all functionalities the shop page has. It will take some work but I know what to do now. Thanks a lot!

Andy
    Keymaster

You could have the static homepage as just a normal page with the handpicked product block, and any other content. You could even sort of recreate the ‘shop’ page with latest products block.

Then have another page designated as your ‘shop’ page. You can choose whether or not to link to this in your menus.

The main thing to be aware of is that the designated ‘shop’ page is not designed to contain any manually added content, only the automatic output of the products.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing buttons in Woocommerce Block “Hand Picked Products”’ is closed to new replies.