Home Forums Exoplanet Removing white space between header area & hero Image

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    davyk
    Participant

Hi,  New to wordpress and themes.

I have the free exoplanet theme and I also have smart slide 3.  I have set up my slider and added it to my homepage and it looks ok, but i would like to remove the white area beneath the header area and the main content for the Hero slider.

Attached is an image of what I mean (the white area under the red header image I want to remove.

Please could someone help in how I can do this in wordpress /exoplanet free theme?

thanks in advance

Davy

Andy
    Keymaster

Add the following custom CSS at ‘Appearance’ > ‘Customize’ > ‘Additional CSS’:

.main-header {
        margin-bottom: 0;
    }
    davyk
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks, but unfortunately this did not work as intended.

I just want the hero slider to move up and not every other page.

All this done was make every other pages content move to the to top but not the homepages hero image slider  Attachment included highlighted in yellow (please ignore the red overlay of the name of the site as I would like to hold that off just now)

Andy
    Keymaster

So I can provide the correct CSS, I’ll need to see the live page on your site. If you don’t want to say the URL on here, just send a message via our contact page with your site URL, and reference this support topic.

davyk
    Participant

I use pages and not posts – might add in a blog page for posts later but not decided…

davyk
    Participant

thanks, I am still looking at the code (although not done HTML & CSS in about 10-15years, so WordPress is alien to me.

Thanks – it is just the home page I want to change….  although the site is a work in progress.

Andy
    Keymaster

Cheers. Replace the previous custom CSS with this:

.custom-post-type-header {
    }
    davyk
    Participant

brilliant that is the one, thanks

davyk
    Participant

any chance to do the same at the home page footer of this code:

<footer class="entry-footer">

<span class="edit-link">Edit <span class="screen-reader-text">"Home"</span></span> </footer><!-- .entry-footer -->
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Andy.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Andy. Reason: edited code
    Andy
    Keymaster

You only see the “Edit” link when viewing logged in as admin (or with page editing privileges), so normal visitors won’t see this.

davyk
    Participant

yeah but the space remains when not logged in

davyk
    Participant

your help is really appreciated and a massive thanks for fixing the original issue

Andy
    Keymaster

This CSS should remove the margin after the main content on the homepage:

.home main > article {
    }
    davyk
    Participant

brilliant,  thanks for your help I have really appreciated it..  that is the home page the way I want it…  with exception of images which I can do in the slider and when I get new images….

Again thanks…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing white space between header area & hero Image’ is closed to new replies.