Home Forums Ibsen Pro Secondary Menu?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Robert Locker
    Participant

Hello, I could really use a secondary menu built into the theme. I’ve tried finding blocks that might work but I just need a clean horizontal menu at the top of the page that is separate from the primary menu. thanks in advance.

Andy
    Keymaster

One option would be to add a ‘Navigation Menu’ widget to the ‘Top Bar’ widget area.

This would display a secondary menu in the top bar above the logo/site title/main menu area.

If you want the top bar menu to display below the logo/main menu area, add this custom CSS to ‘Customize’ > ‘Additional CSS’:

#masthead {
        display: flex;
        flex-direction: column-reverse;
    }
    Robert Locker
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, I tried to add a navigation menu to the top bar widget but I have no control how it looks and works and it  looked horrible on mobile. A built-in secondary menu would be most helpful.

Andy
    Keymaster

This is what it looks like when I tried the top bar menu.

It works across mobile and larger devices, and the menu color/spacing/text size etc can all be customized with some custom CSS styling.

Laptop view

Mobile view

Andy
    Keymaster

To add a secondary menu into the theme, you will need to create a child theme, copy the code from the parent theme’s (Ibsen Pro) header.php file to a file with the same name in the child theme, and then add additional code for a secondary menu in the child theme’s header.php file.

Robert Locker
    Participant

Thank you for the info.

Is there a way to center the Navigation Menu Widget in the top bar? My problem is my customer really wants a horizonal menu just for his categories but not get stacked if too many categories or go to hamburger menu on mobile.

Andy
    Keymaster

This ‘Additional CSS’ will center the top bar widget:

#top-bar .widget {
        display: block;
        width: 100%;
        text-align: center !important;
    }
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Secondary Menu?’ is closed to new replies.