Home Forums Exoplanet Slider Translation w/WPML

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    tiramisue
    Participant

I am unable to separate the full page slider configuration with WPML. I have either the German page title, excerpt and button text or the French configuration. How and where can the languages be separated for the full page slider option?

tiramisue
    Participant

Oh, and I need to add that the button links are pointed to the correct language versions.

Andy
    Keymaster

Sorry, the theme does not have that option for the slider at the moment.

tiramisue
    Participant

Thx Andy for very fast reply.

Hm. WPML friendly? So, one of the killer features of the Exoplanet theme is in fact not translation ready (the front page slider with two buttons). Correct? Can maybe the Pro version of Exoplanet handle it or does the feature need to be developed? I must be the first one, then, to try Exoplanet with multiple languages in conjunction with WPML.

Andy
    Keymaster

I cannot answer as to whether you are the first person to try Exoplanet with multiple languages in conjunction with WPML, but you are the first to ask us about this issue.

Whilst we are working on implementing this functionality for release in a future update, please understand that it is difficult to justify development time for the many thousands of third-party WordPress plugins that are in existence, as well as the many millions of different variations in content that it would be possible to create, especially for a theme that we are giving away for free.

The Pro version currently doesn’t support this, and this extra WPML compatibility is in development for both the free and pro versions.

tiramisue
    Participant

Well, Andy, thx again for your answer.

Exoplanet is a really great theme, I think. Now, when I work from the french backend I can define via the customizer the french links in the slider and they will actually be correct in the french frontend (and didn’t change in the german frontend, the lead language).

So, this URL information is somehow stored and produces the correct results. Missing is IMHO only the [page title] and the [excerpt] of the specific language page (of which the url is already fetched).

Exoplanet free/pro including a multilingual front page slider would really be something. Without a ml slider it’s really only good for 1 language. How can I help?

Andy
    Keymaster

Would you be able to help us by testing the updated theme before it is made live to the public?

tiramisue
    Participant

Certainly. It would be my pleasure to do that. I’ve installed the theme on a site in development, not open to the public, yet. I can give you access to the platform if needed. Let me know how you want to proceed.

Andy
    Keymaster

We have an update which we have been testing.

Do you have the WPML String Translation module installed?

tiramisue
    Participant

Great news. Yes, latest version of WPML String Translation is installed.

Andy
    Keymaster

Great, thanks. I have sent you an email with more information.

tiramisue
    Participant

Thank you Andy. Tested V 1.6. All tests passed. Perfect!

Andy
    Keymaster

Many thanks for helping us test the update 🙂

Exoplanet version 1.6 with WPML support for the homepage options is now available in the wordpress.org repository.

Exoplanet Pro version 1.3.2 is now live also.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Slider Translation w/WPML’ is closed to new replies.