Home Forums Azuma Pro Cannot remove excerpt of page on slider image

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jason Nolan
    Participant

I am trying to hide the excerpt of the page text from being displayed on the page image. There is a flag on the each page which is dojodigital_toggle_title which is currently flagged as on. I cannot change it. I’ve tried plug ins to hide title and nothing I do is removing this text from my image. This happens on every page.

There doesn’t appear to be any options in the customizer to turn this off?

Andy
    Keymaster

The theme is only supposed to display the excerpt if a manual excerpt has been written for the particular page/post. If the excerpt is empty, there is no excerpt to display so an excerpt should not appear.

From what you have said, it sounds like you have a plugin that is automatically generating excerpts from the full content of all your pages, and then the theme “sees” this as a manually added excerpt and thus displays it.

It would be a big help if you please let me know what plugins are active on your site, so that we can look into this and update the theme to stop this from happening.

Thanks in advance.

Andy
    Keymaster

Hi, just to let you know this issue was fixed in version 1.1 of the theme.

Joanna Page
    Participant

hi Andy

I’ve got a similar issue – I have deliberately created a manual excerpt which I need for integration into MailChimp. So, the excerpt looks good on the homepage, good on the posts page and works well in the email.

BUT it now appears with the main title on the post image – how can I switch that off without removing the manual excerpt?

Or, is there a way to increase the length of the excerpt that is automatically generated so that the MailChimp mailings look better?

Thank you!

Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Joanna,

This Additional CSS snippet will hide the manually written excerpt on single posts:

.single-excerpt {
        display: none;
    }
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Andy. Reason: typo corrected
    Joanna Page
    Participant

Brilliant! Thanks Andy, that has worked.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot remove excerpt of page on slider image’ is closed to new replies.