Home Forums Azuma How do I make changes to images on home page,

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tytax1
    Participant

I’ve changed the images at appearance>customize>header image, but nothing changed. I even deleted all of the theme images from the demo import including the 2 default images in the header and they still show only those images and none of the ones I’ve added.

Andy
    Keymaster

The header image you mention is the site-wide header image.

The homepage additionally also has the ‘Homepage Slider/Hero Section’ which is a widget area. When this widget area is empty, the homepage will display the header image. If this widget area contains at least 1 widget, then those widgets are displayed instead of the site-wide header image.

This is accessed in the ‘Widgets’ area of your dashboard.
    either ‘Appearance’ > ‘Widgets’ > ‘Homepage Slider/Hero Section’
    or ‘Appearance’ > ‘Customize’ > ‘Widgets’ > ‘Homepage Slider/Hero Section’

If you are using WordPress version 5.7 or less, you can add an ‘Image’ widget to populate this widget area. When you add more than 1 image widget, these are automatically displayed as a slider.

If you are using the latest WordPress version 5.8+, widgets are now replaced with blocks. In this case the older “legacy widgets” will still work, but you can now use the “Cover” block instead of the older image widget. The cover block is a background image with your own content/text overlaid over the image.
    As in the old version when you add more than 1 cover block, these are automatically displayed as a slider.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I make changes to images on home page,’ is closed to new replies.