Home Forums Latest Image caption text over image

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    swac-unc
    Participant

Hi,

I have been loving using the “Lastest” theme. However, I have noticed that for post images, the caption text is automatically white, and covers the image rather than being below the image. Is there an easy way to make the image text black and below the image for every post?

thanks!

swac-unc

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by swac-unc.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Andy.
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi, the image caption should already be below the image as the theme does not place the caption over the image as shown in your image.

Could you please let me know the URL of a page where I can see this, and I’ll be able to take a look and help further.

Andy
    Keymaster

You have some additional CSS that is positioning the caption text over the image and changing the text color to white.

This is not coming from the theme, and I cannot see if this CSS is from a third party plugin or some other custom CSS because you are running a caching plugin that is aggregating all the site’s CSS into one file.

Andy
    Keymaster

Please try addding this CSS to ‘Appearance’ > ‘Customize’ > ‘Additional CSS’

.wp-caption-text {
      position: relative;
      color: inherit;
    }

This should reset the caption position and color and override the other non-theme CSS that is changing the caption.

swac-unc
    Participant

Hi Andy,

that additional CSS code fixed everything! Thank you so much!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Image caption text over image’ is closed to new replies.