Home Forums Exoplanet Pro Sidebar in Woocommerce shop not keeping its settings.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jay Tennant
    Participant

I’m having a problem where I’m using the left sidebar in a woocommerce shop to hold the cart and product categories. It was working as expected before, but now the shop page throws the sidebar at the bottom of the page, underneath all the products. If I modify the width of the sidebar from 28% to 27% in the customization, it jumps back to where it should be. I can change it back to 28% and it still appears to function just fine while in customization. As soon as I leave that page or refresh the shop page while in customization, it throws the sidebar back to the bottom again.

The only thing I can think of is I deleted the width value (was 28%), and left it blank before writing something else in later. I don’t know how themes manage their data, but did the key in the database get lost when I deleted the width value in the customization screen? Why won’t the sidebar remember its position?

Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jay

Using our demo site, I have tried to recreate this and cannot recreate the issue you are seeing.

In the customizer; if you set the sidebar width to 0 or save it with an empty value, the sidebar will default to the 28% default width on the live site.

Please could you let me know the URL of your site and I will be able to take a look and see if there is anything that could be causing this.

Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jay

Think I have identified the problem and will be issuing an update to fix this ASAP.

As a temporary measure, can you go into the customizer and under ‘Blog Settings’ set the ‘Blog Sidebar Position’ to ‘Left Sidebar’. This should fix your issue until the update is available.

Andy
    Keymaster

The problem was that sometimes depending on a combination of settings, the blog sidebar layout was taking precedence over the shop sidebar layout.
    I am pleased to say that an update is now available with a fix for this issue.

In your WP site dashboard go to ‘Appearance’ > ‘Themes’ and update Exoplanet Pro to version 1.4.3

Jay Tennant
    Participant

Works perfectly now. Thank you! I love the theme, keep up the great work!

Regards,

Jay

Jay Tennant
    Participant

[resolved]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebar in Woocommerce shop not keeping its settings.’ is closed to new replies.