Home Forums Azuma First line of text from whatever page I’m on… added EVERYWHERE on my site.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wdporter
    Participant

The little widget inserted into the single.php:

get_template_part( ‘content’, ‘related’ );

…appropriately adds a few boxes with related posts, but also, below each box/link it adds the first line or two of text from the blog post.
    single post example

In addition, on my front page…if I put any blocks with text on the front page, it splashes the text across all the blocks (which here is a “Site Origin Post Carousel”):
    Front Page
    Can anyone shed any light on why it does this?

It’s a real downer for an otherwise great theme (which I’m happy to get the Pro version, if I can be sure I’m not going to have to tiptoe around madness like this. :)).

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Andy
    Keymaster

It should only display the excerpt of each related post, in the same way an excerpt is displayed for each post in the posts archives (blog home, category pages etc).

So we can narrow down the issue, would you be able to provide us some more information…

Have you modified the theme in any way?
    I ask this because it looks like you may have modified the footer.php file and I cannot see any reference to a child theme in your source code. It is always recommended to make changes in a child theme and not to change the main theme files directly.

Can you please let me know all of the active plugins on the site?
    It may be that a plugin is generating excerpts for the current page/post in place of the correct excerpt for other pages/posts on the same page. Would need to know which plugins are active to rule this out.

Andy
    Keymaster

I should also say that when I view your site, there are no excerpts at all displayed for the featured pages section on the homepage. The related posts section is also missing completely so I’m wondering if you have fixed the issue or made some more modifications to the theme to remove these?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘First line of text from whatever page I’m on… added EVERYWHERE on my site.’ is closed to new replies.